You know; I love this state, but the one thing that I hate more than dealing with stupid people on the expressway is dealing with the idiots and then dodging the orange barrel syndrome! I had to take my girl friend out to Royal Oak for an appointment that she had to keep,and we had snow on the ground from last night and the roads were still a bit icy from the low temperatures. So; off we went going out there we notice that I-75 was going to be closed at a certain point, and naturally we had to take that particular way!!!
So we end up having to go through the down town area not a big deal. We get to the appointment on time and all is well!
Fast forward to the trip home we take the route home that is needed to get home and not noticing the time we get stuck on I-75 which wouldn't be a big deal since we were so close to I-94 ramp, but it seemed like everyone and their brother wanted to get off there!!!! WE SAT THERE FOR 20 minutes before we notice that it's closing in on the time to go and get our son and daughter from their respective schools. Enter panic mode!!!! I call my son's school and get the secretary and let her know that we are running late and we would be there as quickly as possible; then I try calling my daughters school and would n't you believe this I can't get anyone to answer the dang phone. WTF?????
I would think that they would have someone manning the phones since that is a school, what if this was an emergency or some one had to have their child take an alternate means home!!!!! Why do we pay these people to manage our children if they are not doing the job??????
Needless to say; we get off the expressway and drive through the city and basically take the scenic route to get to the schools.
Someone should tell the road commission to be more accomidating to my schedule!!! LOL!!!!!
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ah, son. Did I not mention that I-75 is closed between Clark and wherever? I forgot you didn't know.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment